READ ABOUT OUR REPRODUCTIVE JUSTICE WALKING TOUR ON JUNE 7, 2014, AT THIS NEW SITE!
In Words of Choice Theater:
Women’s right to choose soars in a tapestry of 14 powerful ‘shorts’ — serious and comic. These are stories from the heart: humorous and tender; poignant and riveting, from theater, spoken word, comedy, poetry, oral history and journalism. “Smart, funny, endangered!”
Words of Choice is professional theater with an exciting collection of works from a dozen writers, performed by an ensemble of actors. Words of Choice blazes with the transformative power of theater — at its best!
- Letter writers pour out their feelings to Justice Harry Blackmun
- A fed-up doctor outwits anti-abortion harassers
- A young woman reaches to a higher power before a pregnancy test
- Two women unburden 14 years of sin
- A Vietnam vet recounts the terror of an illegal abortion
- A young woman realizes that she is not the sum of her body parts
Three actors, 70 minutes, and stories that will inspire you, enrich you, remind you — & stay with you. Created by Cindy Cooper, Words of Choice has traveled to 20 states to open new conversations about reproductive freedom.
Read more ABOUT OUR LIVE STREAMING PERFORMANCES HERE.