Thank You! Words of Choice is honored to receive The VISION AWARD, from the Abortion Conversation Project. See News.
Everything artistic! See what’s on our Blog: Up the Creativity!
READ ABOUT OUR REPRODUCTIVE JUSTICE WALKING TOUR AT THIS SITE! And find a Toolkit to do your own Walking Tour!
In the Words of Choice performance: Reproductive Freedom soars in a tapestry of 14 powerful ‘shorts’ — serious and comic. These are stories from the heart: humorous and tender; poignant and riveting, from theater, spoken word, comedy, poetry, oral history and journalism. “Smart, funny, endangered!” Words of Choice is professional theater with an exciting collection of works from a dozen writers, performed by an ensemble of actors. Words of Choice blazes with the transformative power of theater — at its best! We’re not going back! Fascinating stories:
– Letter writers pour out their feelings to Justice Harry Blackmun
– A fed-up doctor outwits anti-abortion harassers
– A young woman reaches to a higher power before a pregnancy test
– Two women unburden 14 years of sin – A Vietnam vet recounts the terror of an illegal abortion
– A young woman realizes that she is not the sum of her body parts
Three actors, 70 minutes, and stories that will inspire you, enrich you, remind you — & stay with you.
Created by Cindy Cooper, Words of Choice has traveled to 20 states to open new conversations about reproductive freedom, reproductive rights, reproductive justice and our bodily autonomy!