Our Reproductive Freedom Festival! In New York, March 20, 2016, and Up-Close In-The-Theatre Live Streaming EVERYWHERE! See our Reproductive Freedom Festival website!
Thank You! Words of Choice is honored to receive The VISION AWARD, from the Abortion Conversation Project. See News.
Everything artistic! See what’s on our Blog: Up the Creativity!
Read about our Reproductive Justice Walking Tour AT THIS SITE! And find a Toolkit to do your own Walking Tour!
What is WORDS OF CHOICE?
Words of Choice is theater. In each performance Reproductive Freedom soars in a tapestry of 14 powerful ‘shorts’ — serious and comic. These are stories from the heart: humorous and tender; poignant and riveting, from theater, spoken word, comedy, poetry, oral history and journalism. “Smart, funny, endangered!” Words of Choice is professional theater with an exciting collection of works from a dozen writers, performed by an ensemble of actors. Words of Choice blazes with the transformative power of theater — at its best! We’re not going back! Fascinating stories:
– Letter writers pour out their feelings to Justice Harry Blackmun
– A fed-up doctor outwits anti-abortion harassers
– A young woman reaches to a higher power before a pregnancy test
– Two women unburden 14 years of sin – A Vietnam vet recounts the terror of an illegal abortion
– A young woman realizes that she is not the sum of her body parts
Three actors, 70 minutes, and stories that will inspire you, enrich you, remind you — & stay with you.
Created by Cindy Cooper, Words of Choice has traveled to 20 states to open new conversations about reproductive freedom, reproductive rights, reproductive justice and our bodily autonomy!